With decades of experience between them, our staff brings knowledge and enthusiasm to your next visit at S&W Sports. We’re here to assist you with anything you need for your next outdoor adventure — summer and winter.
Tim Farmer, Owner
Tim Farmer is a life-long resident of the Concord, New Hampshire area who has been lucky enough to have the same great job since he was 13 years old. Tim began his career in the retail sporting goods industry working at S&W Sports, a small bike shop in Concord. He swept floors, removed the trash, and cleaned and assisted building bikes. He worked hard, learning every day but he was also getting paid and he loved his job. Tim committed to staying at S&W, working alongside the owners and fellow employees, gaining knowledge in all aspects of the business. Between 1982 and 1988, Tim was instrumental in bringing the BMX and Skateboard departments to S&W. Always respectful of the owner, Tim worked with Steve Waring to introduce new ideas. He understood the importance of merchandising and offering the newest and best equipment. His passion for these sports and his forethought for adding them to S&W’s lines helped the store become one of the largest skateboard shops in New Hampshire. Snowboards, and alpine ski equipment came into the store in the mid 1980’s alongside S&W’s main stable, bicycle and Nordic ski gear.
Tim’s goal at age 18 was to become an owner of the business – he never wavered and made his dream come true in 1998.
Since the late 1990's, S&W has grown. In 2007, it became one of the largest bike, ski and snowboard retail and service shops in New Hampshire, operating in three store fronts all located within a block of the main store. Managing those three spaces became an efficiency issue so in 2007, after a long search for a new space, S&W Sports combined the three locations into one building on South Main Street in Concord.
Along with his work at S&W Tim Farmer is a contributor to the community in the following ways:
- 2011 NH Small Business Person of the Year by the Small Business Association of America. Met with all 50 winners in our nations capital.
- Member of Better Business Bureau of Concord, 1998-present
- Member of Concord Chamber of Commerce, 2000-present
- Member of “Peddling for Payson” fundraiser, 2007-present
- Board of Directors for the Concord YMCA, 2010
- Member of Main Street Concord, 2008-present
- Vice President of Non-Profit “Green Concord,” 2010-2012. Member of “Green Concord, 2007-present
- Board member of Concord’s Transportation Policy Advisory Committee (TPAC), 2007-2014. Members of this volunteer organization work to identify and promote Concord as a bicycle friendly city.
- Founding member – one of two founders, of Central N.H. Bicycling Coalition, a non-profit for bike safety in New Hampshire, 2008-present
- Citizen of the Year Award from the Central New Hampshire Regional Planning Commission, 2010
- Member of National Bicycle Dealers Association, 2007-present
- Member of Bicycle League of America, 2007- present
- Received Advocacy Leadership Award from Trek Bicycles, 2010
- Hosted a number of community bicycle safety, basic repair classes for new bicyclists as well as local refugees, 2007-present
- Donated new bikes for fund raising events for Bike–Walk Alliance of New Hampshire, The American Heart Association & other non-profit organizations, 2007-present
- Donated refurbished bicycles to refugees and local population in need of assistance, 2007-present
Rick Hohenberger, Sales Manager/Owner firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick began his journey with S&W Sports in the year 2006 right before the store moved to its current location. His experience with the bicycle industry began in 1997 working in bike shops all over New England including Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, and New Hampshire. Rick is the Sales Manager at S&W Sports. His work doesn’t stop there though; he also assists in the bike buying and is the store’s roof rack specialist. In Rick’s free time he can be found mountain biking, snowboarding, and enjoying an occasional round of golf. In the future he hopes to drive across country to explore the nation.
Andrea Pirkey, Liv Ambassador
Andrea joined S&W in September of 2015, after four years of desert mountain biking in Arizona. She is S&W’s Liv Cycling Ambassador and is dedicated to getting more women on bikes. Andrea leads our Women’s Wednesday Mountain Bike Ride (May through October) and teaches our Beginner Bike Maintenance classes.
Jason joined up with us in April 2017, he’s the one who takes care of our inventory—from shipping & receiving to making sure you get your special orders, Jason does it all. After hours you can find him biking through Bearbrook and Franklin Falls but his true passion is racing drift trikes.
Brian joined our team in May 2018 as a tech and works out back making sure your bike comes back in tip-top shape. Brian is himself a mountain biker and cannot stay out of the woods—whether it be that, hiking, or canoeing. His other interests include beer, vinyl records, and bear wrestling.
Joe’s passion for cycling and winter sports brought him to S&W in April of 2018 where he now works as the Service Manager. His goal is to see the world by bike—but in the mean time he spends his winters on the slopes of Wildcat and summers biking just about anywhere in Vermont.
Tucker has been here working at the shop since the fall of 2015 doing sales, boot fitting, and is a ski and board expert. He can be found on the slopes of Pats Peak over the winter and playing soccer or mountain biking down Oak Hill Trails in the summer.